We are Nourishing the Valley!
No time to menu plan or meal prep? We have you covered!
The Great Valley School District Food & Nutrition Services Department is excited to continue “Curbside Pick-Up” meals on virtual learning days. Our meal bundles are created to make breakfast and lunch easy for everyone! The “Curbside Pick-up” program will operate under the USDA’s Summer Food Service Program. We have simply modified our delivery style to fit the needs of our virtual learners.
Starting on August 31, we will offer meal bundles that contain breakfast and lunch for five days a week. Families may pick up their meal bundles at two convenient times. This is FREE for ALL participants, regardless of your income!
Save time by ordering online in advance!
Menu Offerings & Options
- Breakfast and lunch will be offered in bundled meals with multiple days of meals in each pick-up bundle (Monday pick-up bundle is for Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Thursday pick-up bundle is for Friday and Monday.)
- All breakfasts will contain, fruit, milk and a whole grain, protein rich entrée.
- All lunches will contain fruits and vegetables, milk and a whole grain or protein rich entrée.
- Our partnership with the Chester County Food Bank to supply fresh produce boxes and shelf stable food “Sunshine Boxes,” will continue for families that may need a little extra during these unusual times.
- Families that need any special dietary accommodations should contact Kelsey Gartner at email@example.com.
Curbside Pick-Up Location, Days and Hours
- Curbside pick-up will be at the student's drop-off entrance at Great Valley Middle School.
- Pickup days are Monday and Thursday from 9 a.m. - 11 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.*
- Pickup is rain or shine.
- Meals will be delivered curbside right to your trunk! Your children do not need to be present for your family to receive meals.
*Holiday or alternative schedules will be announced in advance.
FREE OR REDUCED PRICED MEALS
- Students who qualify for the free meals program can receive breakfast and lunch at no cost.
- Reduced price Breakfast and Lunch Combo is $.70 less per day, or $3.50 per week, for all grade levels for those that qualify for reduced price meals.
- We encourage any family to apply for free or reduced priced meals.* The digital application takes about 5 minutes to complete and will be processed within 48 hours. Go to www.schoolcafe.com to apply today.
*Please Note: if you have received a notification of approval via the direct certification program, you DO NOT need to apply. If you are unsure, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist.
Nutrition and learning go hand in hand!
The Food & Nutrition Services department is made up of a team of food and nutrition professionals that are dedicated to students' health, well being and their ability to learn. We support learning by promoting healthy habits for lifelong nutrition and fitness practices.
Meals, foods and beverages sold or served at schools meet state and federal requirements which are based on the USDA Dietary Guidelines. Our goal is to provide students with access to a variety of affordable and appealing foods that meet the health and nutrition needs of students.
***If you are moving or require a refund for any reason, a request must be made in writing by a parent/guardian. Refund requests can be presented to the cafeteria coordinator.